Sunday, August 9, 2009

Positive Role Model?

Luciano's music is influenced by Stevie Wonder, Frankie Paul and late reggae singer Dennis Brown. It was later on that he changed his stage name to Luciano while often being referred to as "Jah Messenjah" and also at around that time collaborating with Fattis Burell's Xterminator label where he developed his conscious roots aspect. After recording several LPs for Burell he recorded a set for Island records before starting an independent career recording. Luciano's most recent work to date is his album 'Jah Words' (released worldwide April 26 2005 on the RAS record's label) which features such singles like the romantic 'Angel Heart' and the political 'Cry for Justice', the album also features his heavenly single with a distinctable thumping dancehall beat named 'Why Should I' with backup vocals by Shelene Thomas, Luciano even recorded a video for 'Why Should I' not widely know commercially but notably a dancehall classic like many.

Doing good works are not confined to just music for Luciano, as he is a firm believer that he should be a positive role model. He says "I've never stooped low and I'm not gonna bow to Babylon and no matter how much me angry bout certain tings, me nah come pon stage and express myself inna no negativeness". As a messenger, Luciano always strives to be true and righteous as he delivers the word of Jah. He says, "I cannot become egotistical about it. Unfortunately he is currently involved in a hpolice hostage situation



No comments:

Post a Comment